In The Beginning....
- Out of Africa migration
- Paleolithic Era- Hunter and Foragers
- Early Stone tools and uses fire
- Emerge of agriculture independently in Mesopotamia, Egypt, India, China, and the Americas
- Pastoralism and New Technologies.
- First states in Egypt and Mesopotamia
- Traits of early civilizations included new social hierarchies, specialization of labor, record keeping, religion, and legal systems.
- Development of Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Daoism, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, and Christianity
- New techniques of imperial administration
- New imperial cities and centers of trade
- Difficulties led to the decline and collapse of Roman and Empire
- New technologies facilitated long distance exchange
- Major trade routes included Silk Roads, Indian Ocean, Trans-Saharan and Mediterranean routes
- Goods and culture were exchanged