- Contextualization is the background information before the movie such as the star wars intros. This gives you the big picture
- Contextualization: Describes a broader historical context relevant to the prompt. (1 point) From College Board
- "To earn this point, the response must relate the topic of the prompt to broader historical events, developments, or processes that occur before, during, or continue after the time frame of the question. This point is not awarded for merely a phrase or a reference." (CB)
Thesis/Claim: Responds to the prompt with a historically defensible thesis/claim that establishes a line of reasoning. (1 point) From College Board.
- "To earn this point, the thesis must make a claim that responds to the prompt, rather than merely restating or rephrasing the prompt. The thesis must consist of one or more sentences located in one place, either in the introduction or the conclusion." (CB)
- Check out the Example and the Video of Steve Heimler.